Freezing temperatures could do a lot wrong to you and your health. When your body experiences lower temperatures, your blood tends to get thicker and starts to clot. This could cause sore muscles, strokes, heart attack, etc. it could even affect your body’s ability to fight off infections. In such cases, healthy food and exercise could help. Let's see how!
Why exercise in winters?
Winters can offer you benefits, unlike the summer season. Cold weather might help improve endurance, claimed Dr. Tenforrde. As the temperature decreases, your heart is not exposed to pressure. You sweat less and expend out lesser energy than usual. These all can help you exercise more efficiently and keep you in the pink of health. Studies have proved that exercising in cold weather can help you lose fat. It helps your body transform your belly and thigh fat into calorie-burning brown fat.
Here are 12 Exercise and Daily workout tips to keep in mind
- 1. Dress dry not just warm.
- 2. Layer up your clothes wisely
- 3. Opt-in for Brightly colored dresses and gears.
- 4. Protect the extremes of your body like fingers, toes, etc.
- 5. Take care of your skin.
- 6. Keep a check on your traction.
- 7. Do a warm-up before starting with your workout.
- 8. Breathe the right way.
- 9. Remove layers as you heat up if needed.
- 10. Drink up & stay hydrated inside out.
- 11. Head in towards the wind while starting off.
- 12. Cool Down & Change your clothes post-exercise.
Make sure to do some warm-up exercises before your workout. You could try these in a row for a good warm out before your exercise.
- 1. Arm Circles
- 2. Arm Swings
- 3. High Steps
- 4. Lunges
Suggested Exercise Routine
We all know how lazy winters could make you feel. Amidst this cold weather, perhaps a workout routine could fit just right. Here is a 30-minute beginner's workout that could do wonders for your health when practiced regularly every morning.
- 1. Warm-up routine
- 2. 9 Push-ups
- 3. 10 Sit-ups
- 4. Lunge Split Jumps
- 5. Squats
- 6. Side Leap
- 7. Side Step
- 8. Step Up
How to stay motivated to exercise?
- 1. Seek out an exercise partner or group.
- 2. Make it a goal to get outdoors or to hit the gym regularly.
- 3. Exercise during your lunch break
- 4. Focus on the mental health benefits.
- 5. Plan ahead of time and anticipate.
- 6. Optimize the morning alarm
- 7. Reconsider an outdoor exercise program as a New Year’s Resolution.
When it comes to exercises it is important to do some every day. Exercises help improve our metabolism, make our body active, healthy as well as happy. Use these exercise tips for best and quick results. Stay fit and healthy no matter what the weather or age. We hope this was of help to you.Previous Next